The Onion House is a favorite of many visitors! Read this Blog from Southern Possibilities
Please ensure that you are aware of Hawaii Travel and Registration requirements: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/getting-to-hawaii/
For instant quotes and access to direct booking, click this link: www.vrbo.com/1194663
Rates average $495/night for 1 or 2 guests.
Additional guests (3 or more) are $25 per person per night (Limit 6 guests total).
Hawaii State Taxes (GET/TAT) of 14.66%
Weekly cleaning fee of $395. (taxable)
Refundable security deposit of $500.
VRBO Service Fee.
Payment and Refund Terms:
50% due at booking, refundable until 60 days prior to stay
50% due 60 days prior to check-in
Please note - to cover operating costs of the Onion House, we need to enforce these terms.
Please consider travel insurance to protect yourself from unexpected events that cause cancellation.
We recommend Travelex
Full refund requires 60-day notice of cancellation.
50% Refund until 30 days prior.
Please contact us with your questions or concerns around your situation.
We strongly recommend travel insurance!
Many people book months ahead, and life is full of unforeseen circumstances.
We direct people to: https://www.travelexinsurance.com/
It's ideal to purchase this within 2 weeks of booking with us to avoid the possibility of being denied due to pre-existing or other screening elements.
Hawaii State Tax ID # GE-157-258-9568-01
Check calendar for availability.
You will have the entire place to yourselves.
- 3 bedrooms/ 2 baths. 6 people strict max, ideal for 4. 1 King; 1 Queen; 1 Double
- Privacy in which to swim and sunbathe, enjoying the 70 foot turquoise pool and gardens.
- Fully appointed kitchen, laundry, WiFi, TV, stereo, outdoor shower, terrace and grill for outdoor dining.
- Separate master suite. Each bedroom steps out into gardens.
- Friendly, knowledgable crew
- Five minutes from town and beaches, yet worlds away.
- Ideal 'base camp' to explore the Big Island, a 'mini-continent' with almost every climate on earth: tropical rainforests, plunging waterfalls, beaches, snowcapped mountains, world-class diving, and an erupting volcano.
- Year round sun.
The Onion House isn't for everyone......
- The Onion House is not suitable for families with young children (less than 12), or for those who have difficulty with steps, due to safety considerations inherent in its design. We make no representation of the house as accessible.
- Smoking outside only, please.
- The Onion House is true Organic Architecture - it is not a climate controlled, sterile resort like location. There is no air-conditioning (we use many fans!). It is truly indoor/outdoor living in a shelter of roof, screen, glass and rock cooled by nature passive design.
- Kailua-Kona is in the tropics, and we instruct guests on best practices to keep tropical visitors at bay (cleaning after meals, putting food away, removing trash daily), but if you've never lived in a tropical environment, you may see more wildlife than you are used to. We have regular and thorough pest control services and clean thoroughly between guests. Even with all that, we can't guarantee that you won't see a member of the vibrant ecosystem that makes Hawaii so unique. Ask us more if you have concerns.
We are fully compliant with the new county regulations - here is the required info:
Under new county regulations, we are required to post and advise guests of these rules:
(A) Quiet hours shall be from 9:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., during which time the noise from the STVR shall not unreasonably disturb adjacent neighbors.
(B) Sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries during non-quiet hours shall not be more excessive than would be otherwise associated with a residential area.
(C) Guest vehicles shall be parked in the designated onsite parking area.
(D) The STVR shall not be used for commercial purposes.
The STVR Registration Number is: STVR-19-361289
The Nonconforming Use Certificate Number is: NUC-19-1205
("Nonconforming" basically means that our vacation rental is not located in a resort zone.)
Hawaii State Tax ID # GE-157-258-9568-01